Friday, November 6, 2015

Week 11 Review

This week from the Daily Announcements, what caught my eye was this post that included this picture:

"Take some time to reflect"
Source: OU Daily Announcements

The reason it caught my attention and what I took away from it was the importance of taking a breather. I personally felt like I really need to read those words on the picture. This semester has been the busiest semester thus far, and I feel like I haven't truly had time to sit down and reflect above any and everything that's been going on. I've just been trying to stay caught up in my life so that I had time to move on to the next thing I needed to focus on. However, with all the craziness going on, I know that it's always nice to try and take a little time of my day to just relax and clear my mind.

3 comments:

  1. What a great picture to choose! I know what you mean, I often too forget to sit down and reflect. Going to college, like so many other things in life, is so "Go! Go! Go!", but sometimes we just need to sit and reflect. There's the famous quote by Socrates that I have always liked: "The unexamined life is not worth living." WOW! Right? Wisdom from Greece that is still so relevant now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture is great! I agree this semester had been crazy! Sitting down and reflecting is something we just need sometimes to stay sane. I can't believe this semester is almost over, and at the end of it we will all be relieved. That is when I do my most reflecting and how I can do the next semester differently. Good luck with the rest of your semester, we are getting so close to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is a great reminder of how we need to reflect. This is great for that week we had those reflection posts, looking forward and looking back. We spend so much time trying to catch up with life and everything going on it is sometimes difficult to remember to enjoy it. “Smell the roses” and all that jazz. Four more weeks!

    ReplyDelete