Saturday, September 12, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Georgian Folktales

The link to the extra reading unit I did this week can be found here!

Fate

  • Only son-desirable
  • The king wanted there to be an arranged marriage. My first thought after finishing the first paragraph was that I'm glad that the son objected-(I'm not a fan of arranged marriages)
  • The son wanted to have some control and knowledge of his own fate*
  • I also like the journey aspect and meeting strangers along the way that help him.
  • This story definitely took a dark turn when the son wasn't happy about his fate..I think if I retold this story this dark part wouldn't be in there. Or maybe it would, but only in a way where he stops himself and something better becomes of it.
  • The ending was very interesting. It was cool how it came full circle-fate
  • The way he rose to be a judge
  • It's good that he didn't fall to corruption and take the bribe of the man- it seemed to pay off for him in the end of the story.
  • First paragraph and throughout the story-how the writer used repetition
  • Passage of time
  • A story of rags to riches and back to rags..it was overall a sad story that he lost all of his riches since he didn't listen to the clever man
  • I think if I retold it it wouldn't be a snake giving him riches but possibly something else
  • I also feel I might expand on the dialogue between the young man and his wife
"Caucasus mountains"
Source: Mythology and Folklore UnTextbook

No comments:

Post a Comment