Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Reading Diary B: Persian Tales

The link to this reading unit where you can find my favorite stories from this unit and more can be found here!

Fayiz and the Peri Wife

  • Fayiz-"true-hearted and honest"  
  • Love story. I could retell this story and use it my portfolio. I think it would go really well with my theme!
  • Fayiz and the wife-didn't seem to know each other well but fell in love
  • "It is, indeed, scarcely possible that a human being should keep faith." I found this, in the midst of the rest of the story, kind of funny. Like the author was throwing a subtle jab at humans ability to be faithful in a relationship
  • The wife was not human
  • Secret that she is not human, but Peri and if Fayiz tells then trouble will come to him.
  • fairy
  • Ended up telling the secret and what Peri warned him came true
  • Starts off with a bad fate 
  • The wolf that was predicted to tear the boy into pieces turned out to be his new wife
  • Interesting short story. Really straight and to the point. If I retold this I would probably add more to the story line
  • Luck personified as a human being
  • As the poor brother was looking for his Luck, people on the way were asking him for favors regarding their Luck
  • Kind of a plot twist at the end but I like how it catches the reader off guard. Maybe the reason he got eaten was because he woke his Luck up too early. 
  • I like the symbolism in this story
  • Interesting, weird part about the green fly
  • The shepherd tricked his brother who was not really his brother anymore due to the fly and used it to his benefit
The Fayiz
Source: Mythology and Folklore UnTextbook

No comments:

Post a Comment