Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Week 2 Review

For this weeks review, my favorite item from the announcements today was from "Mythology Words in English." The word was Narcissist and was taken from the character Narcissus in Ovid Metamorphoses. The reason I chose this particular section from the announcement today was because I actually did my Reading Diaries from the Ovid I unit. I had always known of the story of Narcissus, but I had never read about it until now. I also had known that the word Narcissist was derived from Narcissus but I didn't know why. It was interesting to finally read about the story and how he fell in love with himself by looking at his reflection in the water. It was cool to be able to relate my readings to the announcements post and I hope you guys get a chance to read the story, too!

Narcissus
Source: OU Class Announcements



No comments:

Post a Comment