Monday, September 7, 2015

Growth Mindset Week 2

This morning I completed a Growth Mindset Challenge! The first one that stuck out to me was the Meme one (I love memes). So, for this post I chose this particular meme:

"Real learning takes work"
Source: Growth Mindset Memes
I picked this meme because I feel like I can relate to it and it reminded me of the Carol Dweck video I watched last week. I really think this saying is true. I've come to realize that, especially in college, you can't always slack off or just do assignments then expect to ace to a class. There's so much more to it. If you honestly want to succeed in learning a subject, it will take you time and work. It's important to challenge yourself and have patience in learning something so that you truly know it and not just the basics. I wish more emphasis was put on learning material rather than the grade. But, this year, I'm continuing to try to stay on top of my classes, read ahead, and make sure I really understand the material. I think that will help me a lot in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christine,
    I love a good motivational cat meme! I also think the message it states is very important! My mom graduated with her nursing degree at 50 years old. She used to tell me stories of how the students she had class with used to “share” their homework with one another, making really good grades on the assignments. However on tests, they would only make mediocre grades because they never truly grasp what the information was about.

    ReplyDelete