Saturday, September 26, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Italian Tales

The link to this extra reading unit can be found here.

An Incident in Rome

  • I like the writing style of this story and how it's told
  • "darkness that you could cut"
  • The story was kind of scary but really interesting to read about. I also like the ending sentence as well "This is the story of Pilate, who is neither saved nor damned."
  • The part of Master Francis going down the hole is important but I'm curious to know what happened after he told the Pope. 
  • Weird how it went from an exchange of animals to the exchange of a to-be bride whom the main character carried away in a bag.. that probably wouldn't stay in the story if I retold it
  • How did the girl not say anything while in the bag?
  • Also wondering why he meant to throw the bag in the sea. Also why the roasted pea was so important to him in the first place.
  •  I like how it flipped. Instead of people giving him things, he had to get things himself to heal his nose. 
  • For some reason I was expecting the ending to not end the way it was expected to. It would be cool to end it differently with the sexton not getting what he needed then continue it from there. 
  • Really funny story! I enjoyed how the author put it together. It gave me a good laugh.
  • I like the ending too where it switches from third person to first person in the very last sentence
Italian Popular Tales
Source: MythFolklore UnTextbook



No comments:

Post a Comment