Sunday, September 6, 2015

Famous Last Words Week 2

So, this week I completed my first Reading Diary assignment. This assignment really gave me the opportunity to step out of my comfort zone when it comes to genres of stories/books I usually read and explore something new. I read Ovid's Metamorphoses I in the Classical Unit this week and I have to say it was extremely interesting! I was able to read stories I had heard about but never got around to. Not only that, but I got to retell a story from the unit. I retold the story of Pyramus and Thisbe. That was fun! It was kind of scary to figure out how I wanted to retell it, what I wanted to change, what I wanted to keep the same, how much I wanted to stray from the original story, and how to make it all make sense. I had to think about it sometime and although I feel there could have been some stuff I did better (I'm forever critiquing my writing), I still think I did okay for my first storytelling based on my Reading Diary. Anyways, it shouldn't have to be perfect the first try because I think this is a great opportunity for me to improve on both my creativity and writing to later help if I ever want to write a story or book of my own, which I really hope to do some day.

Besides that, I read some truly awesome stories from my classmates this week! I loved getting to see their own creativity in retelling a story and how they decided to put their own special twist on things. I'm excited to read more Storytelling posts as the semester goes along!

Well, I think that does it for this week. We'll see how next week goes! :)

Peace out!


"Miss Auras, by John Lavery, depicts a woman reading a book"
Source: Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment