Sunday, September 13, 2015

Week 3: Famous Last Words

Week 3? Check.

This week I think my best writing was in this class. I still wish I had more time to write as much as I wanted to outside of classes, but I'm still grateful for this class because I can still practice my writing skills and improve on it as well. Also, I read a lot of interesting stories this week. I read Homer's Odysseus and decided to retell one of the stories that stuck out to me the most. I wrote a retelling of Circe's Magic this week and I had the main character Odysseus turn into a pig. He wasn't supposed to though. In the original story the herb he got from Hermes worked to prevent Circe's magic from affecting Odysseus. But, in my retelling it unfortunately didn't work due sabotage. (Check out my storytelling for week 3 to find out more)! Anyways, again, I'm still not near where I want to be with my writing but I think I'm approving little by little and that's still extremely important to me!

As I finished week 3 for this class, I finished week 3 for my other classes as well. So far, my classes are going well. It's a lot of information but I'm not overwhelmed-yet. The end of this week and the beginning of next week is when the quizzes and tests start increasing so I'm really excited for that..(insert sarcastic look here). I feel that writing here also helps me in my science classes because I have lab reports to do, so it helps me write the reports in the best way I can. I definitely think that can help my grades on the reports later on.

I'm excited to see how this week goes and I'm going to enjoy it before quizzes and tests in my classes start ramping up!

"Circe Offering the Cup to Odysseus"
Source: Wikipedia


No comments:

Post a Comment