Sunday, September 27, 2015

Famous Last Words for Week 5

I really enjoyed the reading this week because I had the opportunity to read from the West African Folktales unit (which I'll probably read from next week, too)! I was looking forward to this unit and the Nigerian unit because my parents sometimes told me folk stories and I was interested to see if I recognized any of them. I find the stories really interesting to read and it's a nice feeling to have a connection to them as well! I chose the story: Anansi and Nothing to retell from this unit. I kept the plot pretty similar but still changed a few things and the way it was written. I also really liked how I told the story this week. I decided to switch up my writing style for this particular story and when I reread it, I enjoyed how it flowed and especially the ending. That would probably have to be my best writing for this week. I definitely think I'm going to try using that method of writing for future stories and explore other different ways to write a story. I honestly think this will help me in my writing overall. This way, I can be more creative and not just stick to one certain way of writing!

Besides this class, my other classes are somewhat quiet right now (which I'm sure will change soon), so I'm enjoying the silence. I've been trying to finish up miscellaneous things, get ahead on assignments and finish up my pharmacy application so hopefully the time is well spent. I've also started a personal blog to encourage me to write often, no matter what the subject. I'm truly excited about this and I'm hoping I can keep it up! Just writing a little bit a day for myself is my goal.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Christine! I think it is so cool that your parents told you Nigerian stories growing up, you must have been really excited to read from this unit! I know thats how I felt when we read from the Greek Mythology Unit, which I am pretty familiar with! Also, it is so cool that you started a personal blog to keep writing! I have been thinking about how I will continue to write after this class is over, and that is such a good way to keep it up!

    ReplyDelete