Monday, September 21, 2015

Reading Diary A: Persian Tales

The link to this reading unit and my story favorites from it can be found right here!

The Wolf and the Goat

  • Character names - Alil, Balil, Ginger Stick, and Black Eyes - child goats
  • The wolf tricking the goats by painting his hand red. Good part is that Black eyes was able to escape and hide until the mother returned. 
  • Black eyes and the mother climbed the roof
  • I like the contrast between the wolf not taking care to provide a good present and the dentist putting in teeth that only looked nice, and the goat doing everything right and being able to then trick the wolf and lure him into her trap
  • If I retold the story I might add in a scene with the wolf in his house with the goats that he kidnapped.
  • First sentence same as previous story I read.. "Once upon a time there was a time when there was no one but God."
  • Very interesting read
  • Idea of a "half-child"
  • Apples that caused the wives to become pregnant
  • Nim Tanak - treated poorly by his father
  • Same ending line as previous story "And now my story has come to an end, but the sparrow never got home."
  • I like the fact that Nim Tanak became the hero, but not the fact that that's how his father came to respect and love him.
  • Second sentence went right into the dilemma of the story.
  • The story was made into an intriguing way, there's no resolution but I thought there might be.
  • I like the hunt for things to achieve the end goal
  • I would probably continue the story, leaving the majority the same, but giving it an actually ending that goes a long with the plot.
"Nim Tanak, or Half-Boy"
Source: Mythology and Folklore UnTextbook

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi christineie
    because i had already done your intro i needed to pick another page to comment on. I know its kind of strange that i am commenting on your reading notes but i just wanted to see how other people did theirs. I like that you pick what I am assuming are your 3 favorite story and then say a little something about each of them. I might have to try this. I normal just right random things about each story but i might try focusing on a few like you do.

    ReplyDelete